Welcome to White Tiger forum's

A Ultima Online Free dedicated server!!Experienced Staff.Alot of the new custom things and We are adding more everyday!Come Join In On The Fun!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dev Update 6 Nov 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loptr

PostSubject: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:11 pm

First update in awhile. Sorry we were down so long, but we got a lot in.

Reagent Keys:
There was an issue where Petrafied Wood would not store in the Reagent Keys. It was expecting Petrified Wood, which didn't exist on the server yet. It does now, and the storage key will take both. It will only export Petrified Wood, and everything else should only expect Petrified Wood. It changes it, kinda for free. You do have to get the key to do it, but it will do the exchange for you.

Ranged weapons will now pull arrows/bolts from the wood storage key.

Abyssal Infernal should no longer teleport you to a location other than around his champ spawn location

Complete Spell System incorporated, with some changes. This was basically done because I wanted to expand our current spell system to allow for players who want a more mage related playstyle to have more viability than what currently exists. This was easier to do with basing it off of the Complete Spell System than just doing it as completely new spells that spanned each of the areas, and there was a lot of overlap in what I wanted to do.

Some of you may be familiar with this this spell system. There are a few tweaks that I've made to it. I'll highlight some of the things in the system both for changes I've made, and for players new to this.

The druid spells we currently have are based off of this system. I have updated the spells in this stock system to match the current druid spells. I will be phasing out the current druid system in favor of this one. I have made the spells in the current druid system the base line and updated the new system to match this. This expands out some of the spells available to druids.
There was a significant tweak to the Treefellow. The new system allows for summoning this as part of a separate familiar spell at a lower level. I have made the current spell summon a stronger version of it. It has a higher casting requirement than the summons offered by magery, so this will be a stronger creature.

Cleric Spells: These are kind of healer/paladin esque type spells.

Bard Spells: These have a very D&D feel to me, where they augment the group.

Ancient Spells: These are basically magery augmentations. Some of which are very powerful

Registered Spells:
Cast with a command.
Ancient:
Fire Ring
Death Vortex
Mass Death
Armageddon

Arch Magic: All
Cleric: All

Druid:
Mana Spring
Spring of Life
Deadly Sports
Circle of Thorns
Volcanic Eruption

Use [mycommands to see what's available. Any of these can be cast through the gui, their individual spellbooks, or through the command such as [AngelicFaith.

The cleric spells work off of spirit speak, and require tithing like the Chivalry spells.

You must purchase the books (minus the druid book) from the stone vendors. Once you do, they open like regular spell books, but they aren't quite regular spells. LastSpell for example doesn't work with them yet, I'm still working on it.
There is a blue icon to the left of a spell, and a scroll like icon to the right. It will describe the spell, and give the requirements to case. You can use the Cast button on that description, or use the aforementioned blue button in the spellbook.
In addition, there is, on the description gump, a Key: section. Click in there, and you can insert some key combo that is not currently assigned in your hotkeys, and then click the blue button next to it. That will assign it a hotkey. So for those spells that you want to cast quickly, like with a macro, but don't want to open the book every time with the macro you can assign a key combo to it to do so.

There are evolution armor sets on display at the token stones. They should all be there now: male/female garg/non garg options.

The world has grown more dangerous
New(ish) champions. In an effort to try to help increase the challenge that's out there, there are champions spawning in Trammel where there were not before. Rikktor, Semidar, Neira, and Baraccoon have decided that they want some space in Trammel. These are not the same challenges as they are in Fel. The entire spawn process will be harder, and the champions themselves significantly more challenging. Rikktor in Trammel might actually kill someone.

Baraccoon is not in the normal spot, due to changes in Trammels Despise. He's just outside. Nice and convenient. Go give him a hug.

There are a few more spell changes hanging around that will be automatically filling those books as I apply them. I'll also be looking into pet power scrolls, an issue with an evo weapon, and a few other issues in the relatively near future. Let me know if anything else comes up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silvas

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:20 pm

wait wait wait, I don't see enchanted grove on that druid spells list... please tell me that's not going away... I love that spell!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:50 am

No druid spells were remove. The current spells were merged with the ones that were different in the new system. The spells listed for registered spell commands only meant that they have a server side command built into them. No worries, Enchanted Grove has not gone anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:17 pm

There were so many things I needed to get written down, I forgot one on yesterdays update. Not everyone wants to play with pets. There is now some incentive not to. With many sources of damage, weapons, most spells, there is now a bit of bonus damage that can occur for using less pets. It scales a bit so you don't have an all or nothing bonus for it. You should receive a bit less damage and do a bit more damage (approximately 18%) for not having controlled critters out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silvas

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:49 am

The druid spellbook seems to be borked now... The one I already had, while it has stopped spontaneously moving itself from my backpack to my bank box when I open my bank (or just disappearing altogether), when I double clicked it changed to a darker green and then had 0 spells.
I went and got a new one, and it was the lighter green like it'd always been - but upon double clicking changed to darker green and had 0 spells.  Trying to cast druid spells would result in being told I didn't have that spell.  I got another one and just haven't opened it at all, and I'm able to cast druid spells so long as I don't open it.

Also, did 120 PS drop rates go way down? I never got a ton of 120s out of champs, but it seems like now they're nearly nonexistent. I've done 20 spawns over the past few days, and out of all the scrolls from all of them only 2-3, maybe 4, were 120s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Sorry about the druid book. That shouldn't have been a problem, but it's fixed now.

There were no changes to drop rates recently for anything except certain scrolls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silvas

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:55 pm

Yay, the druid book is fixed! There's 1 new problem tho... whenever I use the [enchantedgrove command (which still shows up in mycommands), it says I don't have that spell. But I can manually cast it by opening the book and clicking the button.
Scratch that, I just tested my other macros and it looks like its the same for volcanic eruption and lure stone spells. If I use the command it says I don't have it, but I can cast manually by clicking in the book
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:00 pm

That's unfortunately part of the migration from the old druid spells to the new ones. That will be resolved very soon.

** Edit to update **
I have all of the code for this done. This will include all of the druid spells, not just the cherry picked ones. This update will be in place at our next restart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Also, I forgot to mention yesterday:
There is an issue with some of the spell icons for the new spells not popping out appropriately. I don't have a fix for that yet.
What I have done instead is greatly increase the number of spells that are available from command. Please check [mycommand(s?) for the spells you want to cast with a hotkey. I intend to include all of the new spells with this, so if I forget one or more please let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silvas

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:53 pm

ok sweet, didn't realize it was a known issue already being fixed, thats cool Smile
Thanks for all you guys do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 6 Nov 2017   

Back to top Go down

Dev Update 6 Nov 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1