Welcome to White Tiger forum's

A Ultima Online Free dedicated server!!Experienced Staff.Alot of the new custom things and We are adding more everyday!Come Join In On The Fun!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

couple things with storage keys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silvas

PostSubject: couple things with storage keys   Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:30 pm

Destroying angel and spring water go into the reg key fine, but petrafied wood won't. I do notice that on the key it says petrified wood and the item itself in my pack says petrafied wood. When I try to manually add it by clicking add on the gump and targeting the wood, it says "that cannot be stored in this."
Doing fill from backpack takes all other regs but the petrafied wood. It does go into the master storage, but not the keys.

I do prefer the keys since it seems a bit more stuff can be stored in them than in the master storage, and the interface is (IMO) much better. Though I would point out there's some overlap on the keys - jeweler's keys and gem storage, gem storage only stores gems but the jeweler's keys stores those same 9 gems and more stuff. The ash box and smith's storage, The ASH box only stores ASHes and the smith's storage stores ASHes and other things too. There's a few other random items here and there that multiple keys store, but it's mostly one offs other than the ones I listed above.

I would love to see the ability to store runics in the keys instead of just regular tools... currently have to use master storage for those.
Also any chance of getting a pet power scroll book or getting the ultimate PS Book to store them? The regular PS book won't store them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: couple things with storage keys   Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:49 am

The runic storage should be working at this point. Is there a particular tool not storing or can you not store any of them?

I'll look into the petrified wood issue.

I really like the concept of the Master Storage. I really dislike the implementation of it, and am much more fond of the keys. There is a lot of overlap between the tools. Initially I wasn't concerned with it, as it should allow someone to get the keys they want. There isn't a lot of(read any) info ahead of time as to what stores what, so it's something I find a little irritating. I may end up creating a smaller more condensed set in the future, but I wouldn't be able to remove the current ones without removing the items that people have stored.

Personally on my player, I keep the adventurers keys out of the master so I can pull out bandages and lockpicks with a shorter macro, while allowing looted lockpicks to get picked up as part of my regular macro in the treasure hunters keys. In some cases I like the separation, in others I find it annoying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silvas

PostSubject: Re: couple things with storage keys   Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:58 pm

Loptr wrote:
The runic storage should be working at this point. Is there a particular tool not storing or can you not store any of them?

I'll look into the petrified wood issue.

I really like the concept of the Master Storage. I really dislike the implementation of it, and am much more fond of the keys. There is a lot of overlap between the tools. Initially I wasn't concerned with it, as it should allow someone to get the keys they want. There isn't a lot of(read any) info ahead of time as to what stores what, so it's something I find a little irritating. I may end up creating a smaller more condensed set in the future, but I wouldn't be able to remove the current ones without removing the items that people have stored.

Personally on my player, I keep the adventurers keys out of the master so I can pull out bandages and lockpicks with a shorter macro, while allowing looted lockpicks to get picked up as part of my regular macro in the treasure hunters keys. In some cases I like the separation, in others I find it annoying.

It seems to be all of them. If I do refill from stock on the master key, it doesn't take my runic fletching tools, tinker tools, sewing kit, or hammers. When I go look in the individual keys, I haven't found any that have a listing for runic tools yet - just the normal tool variants. If I click add in the smith's storage or the tool box and target a runic tool it says that cannot be stored in this.
It shows that I have 26/26 storage keys on the master key gump, and I don't see any on the stone that I don't have yet.
If I go to the master storage backpack and do refill from stock, it does take my runic tools.

I agree some overlap is nice, when you have an item that serves multiple purposes and you want to take individual keys. I guess my thought was since the jewelers keys store everything the jewel storage does and then some, it nullifies the usefulness of the jewel storage. Same with smithy storage and ash box. It doesn't hurt anything, just an observation

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: couple things with storage keys   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:15 pm

I may need to expand the number of allowable keys. You should see the option for runic tools with the Runic Tool Box. Tinker, fletching and carpentry tools are on the second page not shown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silvas

PostSubject: Re: couple things with storage keys   Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:26 pm

ok so I'm lacking the right key then... that makes more sense. It doesn't show up on any of the stones, is it a bod reward?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: couple things with storage keys   Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:03 am

It should have been on the gold vendor stone, but you are correct that it wasn't. It is on there now. Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silvas

PostSubject: Re: couple things with storage keys   Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:56 am

Eh no worries, thanks for the info and fixing it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: couple things with storage keys   Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:04 am

As an FYI, it looks like the petrafied wood not storing was due to an unnoticed typo when implementing the druid regs storage; petrafied/petrified. This will be alleviated soon. Petrified should be the only item of that type dropping. The Reagent key will accept both and convert petrafied to the more appropriate petrified.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: couple things with storage keys   

Back to top Go down

couple things with storage keys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1