Welcome to White Tiger forum's

A Ultima Online Free dedicated server!!Experienced Staff.Alot of the new custom things and We are adding more everyday!Come Join In On The Fun!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dev Update 25 Oct 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loptr

PostSubject: Dev Update 25 Oct 17   Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Here are the notes for today's changes. The recent changes are primarily focused on items:

Refinements! This has been non functional for a bit. I think I have this working. You no longer need to go to specific areas unfortunately, but you do need to be near an appropriate npc. Tailors for sewing, carpenters for carpentry, blacksmiths and armorers for armoring. I am not very familiar with this system so it has been minimally tested, but it's passed the blockage that we had. If this isn't working as expected by someone who is familiar with it, let me know what's not working and what's expected and I'll see what I can do.

Runics: As posted in another thread, there was an issue with runic crafting and reforging. Reforging did not take into account metals blaze and above, or some of the leather or wood types. Those were updated so that you can get increased budget for using better tools. This should scale the same way that runic crafting does, as far as number of properties and power of properties. The non metal types did not seem to be scaling evenly with the metal types and in some cases the then top tier wood or leather was significantly below the top their metal. Given that metal armor and weapons compete with leather armor and wooden weapons (and I think wooden carpentry armor) that didn't make a lot of sense to me for it not to balance. All that to say that these should be scaling a little more closely. In addition, I have increased the maximum properties a little, and gave a small increase to the potential intensity to each property, to keep crafted items relevant.

It is possible that with runic reforging you can get an item with higher maximum properties than you can with straight runic crafting. This was done mostly because you use more charges on a reforge, although, getting the maximum properties (9) will not be easy and will not happen often. I suspect that 9 property, with good properties, runic item will be considered quite valuable.

Slight decrease in minimum swing speed, and bandage timing was made.

House slots: There is a new deed in town that will increase your accounts house limit to a maximum of 3. This will be going on the donation stone very soon.

Are you a gargoyle? Are you depressed at your lack of evolution items? No More! I have created some new evolution items for gargoyles, both weapons and armor. I did not include all of the gargish weaponry. Not being a gargoyle player I made some assumptions on what I thought the most popular weapons would be. If I missed one that you want added, let me know. I'll get it in there.

Skill gain and AFK. I have made some changes to how quickly skills are gained. This is in an attempt to cut down on some unnecessary grind time that ends up being a lot of AFK time. I understand that some people really enjoy working for their .1 gains. If you are that type, and this really chaps your bum, let me know I'll see what I can do to make your virtual life more difficult for you. I've got ideas.

There was a slight issue with Grizz in the last update that had him revert to a previous version. That issue has been fixed and he has again been made more challenging as was intended.
On that notes, not an update, but I'm curious to hear over the next week or two what thoughts are on the increase to bosses. I suspect we'll need to Goldilocks this, but realize that not everyone will be satisfied. I personally think that the Doom gaunt is too easy after buffing things up a bit. What do you guys think? Should we amp it up?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggo

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 25 Oct 17   Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:53 am

thank you for update!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 25 Oct 17   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:25 pm

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile