Welcome to White Tiger forum's

A Ultima Online Free dedicated server!!Experienced Staff.Alot of the new custom things and We are adding more everyday!Come Join In On The Fun!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dev Update 23 Oct 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loptr

PostSubject: Dev Update 23 Oct 17   Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm

It's been a busy weekend for me. There are a lot of updates for everyone.

We want people to feel a sense of accomplishment for things that they do and earn. We have made two significant changes to that effect.
There is code in place now for an AFK Captcha check when doing certain activities and using certain tools. This is basically a pop up that will occur sometimes with three letters to respond with. Enter the correct letters, it goes away, no worries. If you don't enter the letters, close the pop up, or enter them incorrectly, your character gets tagged with a point. After three points, you have been determined to be afk and you will be disconnected.

There is some randomness to the checks, but you shouldn't see it more than about once an hour. If you do get disconnected, no worries, you can log back in automatically, no harm, no foul.

We have received multiple requests for challenges to be more rewarding. With the power of the evo's, we knew that some encounters would be made a lot easier than designed. I had put in some code a little while ago to try to make it less overpowering on boss encounters, but we continued to get some requests to make things more challenging. We have answered. Almost all bosses, all Peerless, some mobs in Tokuno, and most mobs in ML and Malas areas have been tweaked a bit. They have more hit points, will do more damage, and above all will also give more loot. Please be careful going into those areas. Special highlight should be given to the Doom Gauntlet. Some monsters there have a higher chance of dropping arties. Along those lines, we are considering doing something with an arty exchange. We're open to suggestions for what people might like them to be exchanged for, or if you have some other suggestion to make those things more valuable, please let me know. I'd like to hear your suggestions.

Spellcasting: We increased some hit chance, defense chance, hit points, etc awhile back. What did that do for spell casting? Not much. The cap for FCR has been increased. It will not show on your Status window but it will show on the [mystats window. Keep in mind, Chivalry over 70 reduces your FCR by 2.

There has been an increase in the use of necromancy in some areas. Neira has challenger to her being the Champion of Death. Search the dungeons of the world for an influx of the followers of a new champion.

Lastly, there was an error with some bods not being fill-able. This should be resolved. If you have any more issues with it, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memory

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 23 Oct 17   Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:54 am

Thank you for your continue updates.

i have some ideas.

we have very strong evo pets. most special mobs easy.

I hope character will become stronger even if weaken the evo pet.

we need to adjust Damage Increase Cap.

and It's too hard to 4people together arcane circle (spellweaving).

[ http://www.uoguide.com/Arcane_Circle_(Spell) ]

i hope another way.

thanks for all staffs make WT shard.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 23 Oct 17   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:31 pm

The characters are already pretty strong. We have a significantly higher stat cap, and hit point pool than standard, and The Harrower drops scrolls allowing skills to raise up to 140 further increasing character power. We've updated the DI to be pretty high already. I don't believe that we'll be increasing it further any time soon. We might revisit that, but I'd like to ensure that we can provide appropriate challenges to people before upping power in general any further.

The spellweaving focus will always be a challenge on smaller shards. We are slowly growing, but in the interim I have played with the idea of removing the need to have multiple people to create one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memory

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 23 Oct 17   Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:13 pm

Ok. thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 23 Oct 17   Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:25 pm

As an update to this: Along with other changes, I am currently testing a new deed that will create a very long term focus stone for just this type of occasion, as well as a new spell that will create a significantly stronger focus stone. With additional casters, that stone will be much stronger than what is currently possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 23 Oct 17   

Back to top Go down

Dev Update 23 Oct 17
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1