Welcome to White Tiger forum's

A Ultima Online Free dedicated server!!Experienced Staff.Alot of the new custom things and We are adding more everyday!Come Join In On The Fun!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Issues? Maybe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DeaconX

PostSubject: Issues? Maybe?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:04 am

Gargoyle Pickaxes:    These don't seem to unearth Elementals when used to mine ore. Wasn't sure if they were supposed to here, but it was a great way to earn Runics, Risk Vs. Reward as ive seen Platinums one shot people with Insta Bandies elsewhere  lol! .

Reagent Key: When not using LRC Reagents don't pull from keys. You're just left with the standard message telling you that you don't have any.....and you're S.O.L Razz

Momentum Strike:    There is an issue with this not skill not carrying over unless you have pulled agro from other mobs in the area. I will test this one a bit and post here. Seems some places it doesn't work at all and gives the message that there are no valid targets.

Mana Leech:    Not sure if this has been addressed? I think something about weapons procs were mentioned. I get no Mana Leech with 50% on evo bow (yumi) have not tested this on any other types of weapons or other procs like Life/Stamina Leech for that matter.I proof read this, and man do I sound like one lazy customer.....my apologies silent Sleep

Honor!    This one I saved for last because its the best  scratch  Once Perfection is achieved there should be a 100% damage increase. Alas theres no noticeable difference at all. Consecrate Weapon gives a better bonus. The buff icon in the tray, pulled from status bar, for honor only reads 10% even when "Perfection" is achieved. If I remember correctly there is also a 1000 point Luck increase once target is killed while under the bonuses of max perfection. Honestly I couldn't care less about the Luck bonus as a high luck is easily obtainable even early on. So a, meh for me on the luck  Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Issues? Maybe?   Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:25 pm

DeaconX wrote:
Gargoyle Pickaxes:    These don't seem to unearth Elementals when used to mine ore. Wasn't sure if they were supposed to here, but it was a great way to earn Runics, Risk Vs. Reward as ive seen Platinums one shot people with Insta Bandies elsewhere  lol! .
I wonder if this is a luck thing. I set up a macro to check this out, and had it run for about twenty minutes. It was with mining skill less than 100, and luck of about 6k, just recalling between runic atlas entries. In that time I got two runic tinker kits from dull copper elementals. It could be that the chance is lower than it should be. It definitely feels like less of them pop than other places I've played. I can look into it.

DeaconX wrote:
Reagent Key: When not using LRC Reagents don't pull from keys. You're just left with the standard message telling you that you don't have any.....and you're S.O.L Razz
None of the tool kits work that way here. I can look into it. Personally, I have a macro setup to check for amounts of items and retrieve them when its below a certain threshold.

DeaconX wrote:
Momentum Strike:    There is an issue with this not skill not carrying over unless you have pulled agro from other mobs in the area. I will test this one a bit and post here. Seems some places it doesn't work at all and gives the message that there are no valid targets.

Honor! This one I saved for last because its the best scratch Once Perfection is achieved there should be a 100% damage increase. Alas theres no noticeable difference at all. Consecrate Weapon gives a better bonus. The buff icon in the tray, pulled from status bar, for honor only reads 10% even when "Perfection" is achieved. If I remember correctly there is also a 1000 point Luck increase once target is killed while under the bonuses of max perfection. Honestly I couldn't care less about the Luck bonus as a high luck is easily obtainable even early on. So a, meh for me on the luck Neutral
[/quote]
I haven't really played with much of anything in the Bushido realm, because it typically doesn't work on multiple servers using ServUO. The parry mechanic for example doesn't work almost at all with two handers if you have bushido. It's one of those things that I have on the back burner. I basically consider Bushido to be broken in stock ServUO and recommend against using it. If I recall correctly (I am on a limited time frame right now so I've not verified it, Momentum Strike is only supposed to work against creatures that are in melee range of you, with maybe a diameter of 1 instead of 0. If you use a bow, it will never work, and it's not supposed to.

DeaconX wrote:
Mana Leech:    Not sure if this has been addressed? I think something about weapons procs were mentioned. I get no Mana Leech with 50% on evo bow (yumi) have not tested this on any other types of weapons or other procs like Life/Stamina Leech for that matter.I proof read this, and man do I sound like one lazy customer.....my apologies silent Sleep
This is interesting. I haven't used it with the Yumi (since it's practically useless without bushido, and my bushido comments above) but every other weapon I have tried hasn't had an issue with mana leech. I will look into it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Issues? Maybe?   Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Not sure if you saw the dev update the other day, but I gave a slight increase to the amount of elemental's that should pop when using the garg axe.

I looked into the mana leech thing. I did some poking around, and what I found was that no matter what weapon I was using, mana leeching was happening. The weird thing about it though is that the amount is slightly arbitrary.
This is consistent with what UOGuide, and UO.com have listed as the way that mana leech works:
(If you hit your target for 50 damage with a 60% Hit Mana Leech weapon, you have a chance of recovering between 0 (50 * 40% * 1% = 0.2) and 12 (50 * 40% * 60%) mana.)
http://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Mana_Leech
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/magic-item-properties/

I'm finding different information on the Momentum Strike issue. Historically, this should never have worked with archery. However, I'm finding updated information on some sites that just say it should strike another target within the weapons range. Looking at the code, this is basically how I'm interpreting they implemented it. It will work up to the range of the weapon that you are using. So if you have a bow with a range of 8 tiles, the first and second target must both be within that range. In the cases that I tested, this seemed to be the case. It unfortunately seems to change the target of your attack to the other target hit. I'm not really keen on it doing that. I would prefer some community feedback on that before changing it though. So, those that use this mechanic, let me know if you're okay with it changing targets as is, or if you would prefer it to not do so.

Honor: This is absolutely a defect. The code is written to say that if you are within a range of 1, and honor is active, it will increase the damage bonus. No matter if I stood on top of the mob, it still failed the range check every time, but the range check is the same range check that is used for absolutely everything. So that's weird. Regardless of that, I don't see the one tile range being referenced anywhere. So I'll be playing with this to get something workable.

I'm still looking into the keys issue. They are working as designed. I am still digging into how I can change the way casting works to look in the keys. This may end up propagating out to crafting, but no promises yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeaconX

PostSubject: Re: Issues? Maybe?   Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Thank you for looking into all this so thoroughly. Very Happy

I am all for Momentum Strike not changing targets. If secondary target dies it cancels targeting all together and must re target to resume attacking. This is all fine but for some reason my Att. hotkeys seem to like to target my pets......outcome is never good, it results in a string of OooOoOoOOoOoo lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Issues? Maybe?   Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Yeah I definitely understand about the targeting pets issue. I'm currently looking into the problem with pets going grey in Fel. It's a doozy.

Your attack hotkey, what is it using to get a target?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeaconX

PostSubject: Re: Issues? Maybe?   Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:55 pm

I am using UOSteam for my targeting, its a two key system.

First key Get-Nearest-NonFriendly-Any

Second key Attack-Last

I have never once had my pets go grey until I attack them. I am not sure if this is a shard specific problem or UOSteam itself. Ive had this issue on shards ive played in the past. It happens most often when I target something and pet kills it right before I hit my second key. then it attacks pet, pet goes grey and makes me pay for putting an arrow in its arse lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Issues? Maybe?   Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:18 pm

I use UOSteam as well and get the issue, but it's not an issue with UOSteam. My particular macro uses: @Getenemy 'murderer' 'Enemy' 'criminal' 'gray' 'closest'. This never directly attacks the pet until it's grey and then the pet will one shot my player in retaliation.

I'm seeing the issue happen in a few cases.
First case is when a player is using an area attack effect, like Whirlwind attack. Pets are not being appropriately excluded as indirect targets.
Second, pets with are hits like the vampiriac steed, and the evo daemon aren't excluding friendly targets.
Third, pets with Whirlwind attack or area hit weapons are not appropriately excluding indirect targets.

It's a little hard to see if there are any other cases. All three are closely related, but need to be handled a little differently. I think I have the issue with the vampiriac and daemons fixed locally, but I'm still testing.

There are other devs for other shards reporting similar issues and I'm not seeing any clear answers, so those that have figured it out aren't sharing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issues? Maybe?   

Back to top Go down

Issues? Maybe?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1