Welcome to White Tiger forum's

A Ultima Online Free dedicated server!!Experienced Staff.Alot of the new custom things and We are adding more everyday!Come Join In On The Fun!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dev Update 8 Oct 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loptr

PostSubject: Dev Update 8 Oct 17   Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Murderer NPC's come with a few more AI types, so hopefully there will be more variety in them. Their clothing drops were fixed so that they don't all have the same bonuses.

Harrower - We(using the royal we, not me personally) have had a few successes and a few attempts at getting more people together for Harrower runs. I want to encourage group play. So, I've updated The Harrower. He will now give out additional powerscrolls when more than one player is somewhat close to him. This will not work from max spell/bow range. Get closer. Maybe he just wants to cuddle.

Our evo's are pretty powerful. Powerful enough that a few boss encounters could be trivialized by one or two of the more powerful ones. Most of the bosses (Champions, Peerless, etc) have been made a little more resistant to pets. They will still pack a punch, and are not by any means immune to them. This will not affect regular mobs or mobs that already had pet immunity.

Regular pets: Several pets have more pet slots than others. This can be quite frustrating when you like the look of a pet with higher control slots, like a kirin(bear with me), but it requires more control slots than say a mule, and after breeding there isn't a tangible benefit to having the pet with a higher control slots. I've made this a little less painful. Pets with two and three control slots will have a 2x higher cap to put in ability points. Pets with four and five control slots get a 3x cap. For a practical example, the Vampiriac Steed, requiring two slots can now have ability points bring their hitpoints and mana up to 2k, and an armor rating up to 140. A Greater Dragon can get up to 3000 hit points.

Update:
There was a concern about treasure maps not working appropriately. I haven't done any significant amount of treasure maps since the nineties, so testing it was looking weird to me since it's changed a bit since then. However: The maps are working. We do not appear to have the 'standard' treasure map locations, so the books in the starting area should have been removed or will be soon. The coordinates from 'the locker' are accurate though, and the treasure maps are working. Sorry for the confusion.

Info request:
I've heard that there may be an issue with fishing poles. I need to know from anyone that has had one disappear if it's one of the quest ones (which have limited uses) or if it's a standard pole, and how prevalent this is.

Things I'm looking into:
Enhancements are still an issue.

There is an issue with crafting with advanced lumber. I'm looking into it. Along those lines I'm told, but haven't verified that carpentry items aren't retaining their color when using advanced lumber. For now, save your advanced boards and use the hue "room" to get just the right color.

Windrunner Ethy is invisible when riding it in vampire form.

I am looking into adding a new status window to give you a little more information about your character.

I'm told but haven't verified that there is an issue with the sea horse.

Taming bods aren't going into the ultimate book yet. Still digging into this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 8 Oct 17   Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:19 pm

And just an aside, I realize that some of the issues are frustrating. I have literally spent more than twenty hours in the past two days trying to get through the requests. It takes time. We'll get there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loptr

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 8 Oct 17   Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:33 pm

An update on the windrunner issue - This is due to a change in the client earlier this year. Animations for some critters were changed clientside. There doesn't seem to be a known fix for this that I am able to find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dev Update 8 Oct 17   

Back to top Go down

Dev Update 8 Oct 17
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1